Sometimes you just need a extra special thank you card.
I send them all the time and my sentiments are very sincere, but this one needed a little extra something…
So, I decided to try the “no line” watercolor technique that I had seen being shown on several blogs I follow.
Here’s my card…
Sweet, right? And so much fun. Sweetums walked by and commented, “Geez, that looks like it took a long time.” Nope. And it was so relaxing to watch the watercolor paper do its thing.
This was all an experiment for me but I’m happy to tell you the steps I took just in case you feel brave, bright and beautiful today…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 5″ notecard, Old Olive and Basic Black cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Because I Care (retired)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Watercolors, brush and black Project Life marker (thin)
- The watercolor paper is 3″ x 4″
- The Black layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″
- And the Old Olive layer is 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamp the image on your watercolor paper with Daffodil Delight. Following the image paint wet on wet, skipping around the image so that areas dry before you wet the space next to it. After all the light colors were there, I went back with a slightly darker version of each color and dabbed it here and there to creation dimension. Leave some white highlights unpainted if you like that look (which I do)
- Before adding details with the journal pen, I added a really light, wet wash of lemon yellow right over everything then dabbed a little blue just to the one side. Don’t ask me why…I just like it.
- Go back over your entire image with the journal pen and draw loosely around everything adding some details as you go. As little or much as you like. Oh, the fun!
- You can see I used a dark brown to “splatter” the entire image. Normally I would have pulled out Gorgeous Grunge, but I decided to be wild today…
- Once my paper was dry I used Tomboy Glue to attach the layers together.
- Before adding to the card front with Tomboy, wrap and crisscross your Linen Thread for a natural look.
I’m so over the moon water coloring right now. I love this “no line” painting technique. I’ve been going through all my favorite nature stamps and have them piled up to try all of them.
My catalogs did not arrive until 6:30 pm yesterday…and I had book club so couldn’t sit down and even look at it. Made my coffee extra special this morning though.
Do you have your catalog? Do you need one? Let me know…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
This was so me in Yoga class this morning after looking at the catalog…my mind was spinning!
Come on over and get inky with me…you will be HaPpY!