Sometimes while working on an idea, another idea pops up…and that’s exactly what happened while making this card. Got it all finished and then thought, “hmmmm…wonder what it would look like if I did this?” Good grief…off on another tangent.
So I decided to show you both finishes and let you decide which you liked better…
It all starts with a water colored background…
Love that water colored background and the snowy effect which is much more visible in person than photography.
and the inside looks like this…
and I loved both until this happened…
Sparkly snow…yep, I like that too. So which do you like better?
Just in case you’d like to give this card a try, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Water color paper, Old Olive and Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: White Craft Ink, Soft Sky, Old Olive and Basic Black Archival
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches (you could substitute Lovely As A Tree) and Christmas Pines (sentiment) and Gorgeous Grunge (splat stamp)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Dazzling Diamonds, Aqua Painter, Mod Podge, White Embossing Powder and Acrylic Block E
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Old Olive layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Water color layer is 5″ x 3-3/4″. Using the Aqua Painter and reinker in the ink pad lid add a wash of Soft Sky to two thirds surface of acrylic block E and Olive to bottom one third of block. Spritz block lightly with water and place on water color paper with pressure. Let dry. Stamp trees in Archival Black and let dry. Stamp sentiment in Old Olive. Stamp “snow” with White Craft Ink and sprinkle with White EP and heat. If you like it nice and clean looking, you are done! If you need a little more, brush entire piece of water color paper lightly with Mod Podge and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Don’t get all giddy on me…but it is pretty isn’t it?
- Inside the Old Olive layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ and the top layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Use a smaller block for background or freehand to coordinate with card front
We are supposed to get rain this evening…I can’t even remember what it looks, smells or sounds like it’s been so long since it has rained here. Maybe I’ll go out and do a rain dance to be sure it gets here.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!