Do you remember in elementary school making a Valentine mailbox? All the kids in your class would drop a card inside and some of the messages ended with “check yes or no”?
Pretty soon Valentine love notes will be all digital…
But today we can enjoy making those love notes and sending them to all the special people in our lives. Here’s one that will work for almost anyone on your list…
Isn’t that heart border pretty? …and so easy to do. Inside the small envelope is a small love note that says, “I love you”. How sweet is that? If you were making these with your kids or g’kids, you could just make the 3″ square with the envelope and love note inside. Simple!
Either way, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Real Red Cardstock, plus Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Real Red, Blushing Bride and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Sealed with Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/2″ Seam Binding (retired), Linen Thread, Stitched Squares Framelits, Scalloped Square Framelits, Love Notes Framelits
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- Cut front edge with hearts border framelit. I trimmed away the edge on the right side of the hearts because they weren’t trimmed evenly.
- Add a piece of DSP on the card front 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ with SNAIL.
- Cut a Real Red Scalloped square and a Thick Whisper White stitched square to fit over the Real Red square. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on Whisper White layer. Attach squares together with SNAIL and to card front with SNAIL.
- Cut envelope from scrap Whisper White attaching corners with glue dots. Cut envelope flap liner from DSP and attach to envelope flap with SNAIL. Add to card front squares bottom center with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp small hearts in Blushing Bride and Real Red (use markers to color) on scrap Whisper White and cut with framelit. Stamp “I Love You” sentiment on this small note and slide into envelope.
- Inside there is a 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ Real Red layer with a 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ Whisper White layer. Stamp some hearts in Real Red and Blushing Bride in lower right corner and on envelope to coordinate.
Valentine’s, weddings and anniversary celebrations will be a snap with this bundle in your inventory. This set you will use over and over all year long.
My stamping “peeps” will be coming over Monday for our annual Christmas party. We are doing a “shoebox swap”, swapping and taking gifts under $10 and oh yes! eating our favorite holiday snacks brought by all. Hot apple cider and lots of good cheer. It will be a fun day here at the studio! Wish you all could be here…how much fun would that be?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Good time to stay inky and be HaPpPy!