Oh we are so close to flowers and trees bursting out here in Tennessee…in fact, some already are. And I have seen robins at the water bowl and in the yard…a sure sign for me.
So again today I have a spring-like card for you and a little bit of water coloring…
And here is the inside…
Isn’t that fun? Just a little masterpiece on the card front. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Shimmer White cardstock (yes, even the painting is done on this!)
- Ink: Early Espresso and water colors. You could definitely substitute reinker to paint with.
- Stamps: Helping Me Grow and First Sight (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Small round paint brush
- The Shimmer White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- The “painting” was originally cut 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ then masked with tape to 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. The flowers were stamped first in Early Espresso. I started painting with water at the top around the flowers and dropped paint here and there. Since this wasn’t water color paper I needed to direct the paint where I wanted it but I did let it pool her and there. Then I repeated that at the bottom with the green. Last I painted the flowers with a light shade of magenta and let that dry before going back and darkening some area with the same color. I sponged around the edges with Soft Suede and using just water pulled that through the blue and green. Lastly I splattered with a watered down dark brown and added the stamp in the lower corner.
- I had intended to use this whole 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece for the front of my card, but when the tape came off there were areas that had bled under the tape. Normally I would like that, but in this case it just did appeal to me so I trimmed the piece down and attached it to the top of the card with 1″ mounting tape.
- The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso and the Linen Bow added with glue dots.
This little painting took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Next time I’ll try a different masking tape and watercolor paper to see what effect that will have. It’s all fun and I do love the way this turned out in the end.
Got to run today…got LOTS of kits to get ready for three classes coming up this weekend and the middle of the week. Lots of work before the fun!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If your fingers are inky…you are HaPpY!