People often ask what my favorite technique in stamping is…there are so many, but I always answer “masking”. Amazing things can be accomplished with a simple masking technique.
Now I’m not saying today’s card is amazing, but I really do like the way it turned out. I found the sketch online and then with a single, simple stamp created this grouping. Of course, the Blendabilities help so much with the coloring. Here is the card…
This card could be used for many different occasions, but typically I leave off the sentiment until I’m ready to use the card. Inside I did use the sentiment in this set that reads “love life”. This card sketch came from MOJO372 or you can check out mojomonday.BlogSpot.com if you want to see some terrific stamping. Are you interested in the Stuff ‘N Digits? Here you go…
- Paper: Whisper White, Crushed Curry cardstock plus Birthday Bash Specialty DSP
- Ink: Memento Black and Blendabilities Pens Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
- Stamps: A Happy Thing (FREE with a $50 purchase)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Dot EF (retired) you could substitute Decorative Dots (I just wanted to repeat dots from DSP)
- The base Whisper White card is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- The first Crushed Curry layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The center layer is 3 5/8″ x 4″ Crushed Curry and 3 1/2″ x 3 7/8″ DSP
- The stamped layer is 2 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ Crushed Curry and 2 3/4″ x 3″ Whisper White
- Adhere the large Whisper White layer to the large Crushed Curry layer.
- Emboss the next Crushed Curry layer and attach to top left corner of previous layer.
- Add crisscross linen thread to this layer piece and attach to card front
- Layer DSP on center Crushed Curry layer and attach to card front just under linen thread on dimensionals.
- Now stamp your single image on a piece of copy paper and “fussy cut”. Add the smallest amount of adhesive to back (tap with finger to make less sticky)
- Stamp your image you want to be in the forefront first. Cover with “fussy cut” piece and stamp the second image to the side and slightly down.
- Leave your original stamp covered and stamp another image to the left of the original stamp.
- Lift your mask and see you masterpiece appear!
- Now use your Blendabilities Pens and color your little heart out.
- Inside this card (why do I always forget to take a photo) I have a layered Crushed Curry with Whisper White. A little linen thread crisscross at the bottom and stamped “Love Life” in Memento Black.
- Don’t forget your personalized stamp on the back and maybe line the inside of your envelope or the flap with the DSP to coordinate with the card front.
Wasn’t that fun? Keep your little mask you “fussy cut” stuck to the inside of your stamp case and it will always be handy when you are ready to stamp.
Today was the coldest day yet here in the South…1 degree when I got up this morning! My fur babies thought I was nuts when I opened the door and said “Go Potty!” They just stood there looking at me and said “Nah! I’m not doing that.” Seriously doubt I’ll get my walk in today. I don’t mind the cold so much, but the wind is howling too.
Hope you enjoyed this card today and give masking a try if you haven’t done it ever or in a while.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
That’s good ’cause I laugh at myself all the time…
Get those fingers inky…you’ll be HaPpY!