Yay! It’s the weekend…Why would someone who is retired care if it’s the weekend you ask? Cause Sweetums and I always have “date night” on Friday…and I don’t cook on the weekend. All week long, but not on the weekend. It’s the little things…
Today’s card is clean and simple, but time consuming. Kind of sounds like an oxymoron doesn’t it? Here’s my card…see what you think…
That’s pretty clean and simple for me. And it was fun too. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake Notecard, Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Crumb Cake and Watermelon Wonder cardstock
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Memento Black, Soft Suede and Bashful Blue
- Stamps: Sprinkles of Life
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Tree Builder Punch, Clouds EF (retired), Aqua Painter or Blender Pen, Sponge Daubers
- The base card is 3 1/2″ x 5″ Crumb Cake notecard.
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 5/8″
- Stamp your sentiment and emboss the top 3/4 of Whisper White layer.
- Attach Watermelon Wonder layer to card front
- Stamp the basket twice on Crumb Cake CS with Soft Suede and once on a piece of fun foam. Cut out all three baskets
- Attach fun foam to back of one basket with Tomboy Glue
- Cut a strip from the top of the remaining basket at the top and sponge edges with Soft Suede.
- Sponge edges of basket with Soft Suede then attach strip to top with Tomboy glue.
- Cut the remaining piece of the basket in half lengthwise. Attach one end of each piece to center of basket slanting down slightly with Tomboy glue and trim. You now have handles to your basket. Punch the smallest hole at the top center of each handle and add a tiny brad or candy dot.
- Attach to lower front of Whisper White and using a Blender Pen or Aqua Painter paint a shadow or base for the basket to sit on.
- Punch the cherry or apple from the Tree Builder Punch ten times with Mint Macaron. Sponge edges with Watermelon Wonder. Attach the lower level with glue dots and the others with a piece of dimensional.
- Inside I have a Whisper White layer for writing a message.
Like I said in the beginning, this is a pretty simple looking card, but it is time consuming to make. It was fun though and I love how it turned out. Hope you feel inspired to give it a try…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
This is me with the new catalog…
Come on…let’s get inky and Be HaPpY!