It all started when I found this little package of kitty Kleenex…
They were so cute and caught my eye because I knew my sister who suffers from early onset Alzheimers Disease would love them. She has been in a care facility for five years now and when I visit I like to take her something. She loves and appreciates anything I take but over time it becomes hard to know what to bring.
So being the consummate stamper that I am, a box to cover these little guys in new stamps and colors plus a loving message to remind her how much she is loved seemed just the ticket. So here is the package now…
It opens with Velcro because she can’t manage untying things. And here is her message of love inside every time she opens it…
I wish I had a picture of her to show you…she is so beautiful. Maybe another day.
Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits for this little box? Here you go…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo cardstock
- Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Emerald Envy
- Stamps: Swirly Bird, Love You Lots
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Oval Punch, Swirly Scribbles Thinlets, Aqua Painter, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Basic Pearls, Peekaboo Ruched Ribbon, Bitty Butterfly Punch
Here is a pic of the basic box cut out…
- Cut your box from Thick Whisper White cardstock 6 1/2″ x 11″.
- Score on the 6 1/2″ side at 1″ and 5 1/2″. Turn to 11″ side and score at 1″, 3 1/2″, 4 1/2″, 7″, 8″ and 10 1/2″. Trim tabs along the 11″ sides. Cut away following photo above.
- Punch Large Oval Punch on panel with 1/2″ tab.
- Add Tear Tape on right side of 1/2″ tab, turn to back side and add Tear Tap on all four small tabs.
- Do all your stamping now before folding over the tissues. Seal box over tissues.
- Add a double circle of Velcro to the center of the top flap. Peel away paper and close lid to set the second Velcro tab.
- The inside lid piece of Flirty Flamingo is 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ attached to the underside of the lid with adhesive.
- The stamped Whisper White layer is 2 3/8″ x 4 3/8″. Stamp image and sentiment in Basic Black. Using the Aqua Painter and Going Gray reinker from ink pad lid, lightly paint the elephant. Use a little Flirty Flamingo to give a blush to cheek. Darken areas where stamp designer has shading. Punch and attach Flirty Flamingo flower to one ear with glue dot. Add tiny Basic Pearl.
- Make loops with Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Attach to lid with glue dots. Stamp Butterfly and punch. Add with glue dot.
Many of us have experienced the cruelty of Alzheimers. It is the most painful journey to travel. I have lost a younger sister and my mother to Alzheimers…so if you too have family or friends suffering from this disease, you have my deepest empathy.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. The project today could be made for many different occasions as a small gift. Hope you feel inspired to give it a try…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky with friends…Be HaPpY!