After watching construction of the new house next door since January…it’s finally finished and we are gaining a new neighbor!
We have met a couple of times and talked generally, but when I learned her husband died this summer while they were on vacation, I knew she might need our help…especially “Sweetums”.
Me? I made her a welcome card…
See her faithful companion, Rocky’s, dog dish and bone? Then when you open the front door…
This Sweet Home bundle is going to come in very handy in a lot of ways…I’m just sayin’.
So today I’m posting early because “sweetums” and I are going on a boat ride with friends to a great restaurant on the river about an hour away and have a nice evening ride back. We sold our boat a couple of years ago so we are always eager to accept invitations from our boating friends to be on the water again. Should be lots of fun.
So here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you on the “welcome” card for Julie…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Early Espresso and Crushed Curry Cardstock
- Ink: Soft Sky, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Real Red
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches (trees), Sweet Home
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Home Sweet Home Thinlets, Real Red Candy Dot, Sequins
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card base with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White top layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″, sponge the lower quarter with Pear Pizazz and Old olive around the edges and the remaining three quarters with Soft Sky ink. Stamp the three trees with Soft Suede, Pear Pizazz and Old Olive (use “thumping” method to tap darker green in center of tree leaves) Stamp house in Sahara Sand, door and stripes in Soft Suede. Cut out house with door and window at same time. Cut door frame and window frame from Early Espresso and glue to house with Multipurpose Glue. Cut a piece of Crushed Curry to cover window opening from back. Use door thinlet to cut a piece of Crushed Curry for inside the door. Add a Real Red Candy dot for door knob. Stamp roof frame in Soft Suede and “fussy” cut adding with glue to roof line. Use Strip Adhesive to add house to card front. Stamp banner, shade with Soft Suede, add “welcome” in Real Red and cut with thinlet. Add over door with Strip Adhesive.
- Stamp dog bowl in Soft Sky. Cut heart from Real Red Cardstock and add to bowl. Cut out with thinlit and add to card front with Multipurpose Glue. Stamp and cut out bone. Add to bowl with glue.
- Add a few sequins to bling it up a bit.
- Inside there is a Real Red layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a Whisper White layer that is 3″ x 4″
Julie and Rocky will be moving in Labor Day weekend…I think we will be great friends.
Hope your weekend is going great. Remember, if you need any of these products you can shop from me right here on my blog by clicking on the “Shop Now” star to the right. Please don’t shop as a guest as this will block me from sending you a personal thank you. I had several orders last week and a few signed in as a guest with no name…frustrating as I REALLY appreciate all my customers and love sending them a personal thank you…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
See you on Monday…til then, Be inky, Be HaPpY!