Sending beautiful cards is what we all strive to do…and SU! makes that so easy to do. But it’s that little surprise inside that makes that gorgeous card even more special…
Here’s the card…
Gorgeous, right! Now here’s the surprise inside…
Now I’d say that’s a pretty nice surprise to pop up inside. The Watercolor Wings bundle that includes the framelits to cut out these beautiful images made this possible.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White Cardstock and Neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack Basic Grey
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Memento Black
- Stamps: Watercolor Wings and Birthday Blossoms
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Watercolor Wings Framelits, Silver Thread, Lots of Labels Framelits, Decorative Label Punch and Window Sheet
- The Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ Attached to base with adhesive
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ Attached to Bermuda Bay layer with adhesive
- The blossoms and leaves from the Birthday Blossoms set are stamped with Memento Black on scrap Whisper White, colored with Aqua Painter and reinker then “fussy cut”. Everything is placed in upper left corner with adhesive except the last bloom. Attach dimensionals on back, loop your Silver Thread as to make a large bow, twist in center and attach to dimensionals before laying down on card. Once the flower is placed, you can fidget with the thread to spread it out to look interesting.
- Stamp sentiment on a piece of scrap Whisper White and cut out with the size framelit you need for the space. Cut another piece with same framelit out of Bermuda Bay. Cut this in half and attach at each end of the sentiment piece. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 4 1/8″ x 9 1/2″, score at 5 1/2″ (to be placed at centerfold of card) 7″ and 8 1/2″ (make a mountain fold at the 7″ score and punch with Decorative label punch to the halfway mark on the punch. With glue dots add a 4″ x 1″ piece of Window Sheet inside the mountain fold. (Check out the inside photo again)
- With adhesive attach the Bermuda Bay piece you just made to inside of card, matching the 5 1/2″ score lines. The mountain fold will stand up and the last inch of the cardstock should be attach with adhesive. This gives you a place to add your butterfly.
- Stamp and cut out two identical butterflies. Add glue dots to the back side of one butterfly, place on one side of the window sheet and add the second butterfly to the back. How easy was that little surprise?
- Now add a piece of DSP 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ over the inside back of the card front to cover the piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- Add a 4 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ piece of DSP to the inside of the card over the Bermuda Bay layer with adhesive
- Add a piece of Whisper White cardstock over the DSP 4 1/3″ x 3 1/2″ for your message.
This card is sure to be a welcome surprise to whoever you might send it to…and you can say “awwwe, it’s nothing!”
Sure hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. The Bundle pricing on the Watercolor Wings set makes this a real deal. If you’d like to order the bundle to be delivered to your door, here’s the product #139424 on page 75 of the annual catalog. Just click the “shop now” star and you’ll have it at your door this week! If you have questions, shoot me an email or comment. Need a catalog? Let me know…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
A cow minion…bahahahah!
I’m so HaPpY…cause I’m stamping!